Monday 19 September 2011

Kanye west

This is my Kanye West magazine cover, I used photoshop to create the cover and used the masking tool to make it look profesional. I stuck to using a colour scheme of red and black, and used rulers but my title went over the ruler lines, it is still work in progress. I gave the masthead a big outline to make it look more attractive but if i could change something i would make the other bits of texts on the magazine cover stand out a bit more and make them more legiable. I would aslo move the image to the center so i could add more text on the right side.
After I had masked i used the brush tool to make the image of Kanye West look more profesional and less fake looking, to mask the image I used the magic wand tool anf then changed the size of the wand to make masking the image more easy.
I also used a lot of different layers and to get the masthead behind Kanye West, I changed what layer the masthead was on and dragged it inbetween the masked and unmasked images of Kanye West.
 Kanye West cover mark 2
This is my new version of the Kanye West magazine cover
I made the coverlines larger so they stood out more but I could not get rid of the big outline on the mast head
It is still very similar to the first one I just changed a few things around

2 comments:

  1. Emma
    Good work. Merit.
    To make this even better think about these things:
    Does the masthead look good with the thick outline?
    None of your coverlines stand out. Think about the order and size of them. kanye's name should be the biggest and boldest, then everything else should get smaller from there.
    You have enough space around the picture for the cover lines so avoid covering his body if you can avoid it.

    Mr Monahan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the outline to the masthead to make it stand out but maybe i should of made the outline smaller and then made the coverlines stand out by making them bolder and a larger text

    ReplyDelete