Friday 16 December 2011

media ducking

Media ducking by xxEmmie.Cxx

To make this, I had to import a sound clip into audacity sound and then add music underneath it- a music bed. I then muted the music so I could just edit the spoken bit of audio and delete bits, change the volume and other stuff. Then I un muted the music and had to use the envolope tool to change the volume. I had to make the music bed less louder where there are spoken bits of audio- this is called ducking. Then where there were gaps with no spoken audio i had to make the music bed louder. I think for this i acheived a distinction because the volume is well balanced and i can explain why i chose the music and explain the effect of it has on the audiance, which is a positive effect.

2 comments:

  1. Distinction
    You have done an excellent job editing the radio package. You have imported clips and edited them so there are no mistakes, you have added a well chosen music bed and ducked the volume effectively so that it is easy to hear.
    I like how you made the volume rise up when they aren't speaking. Great work!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what i done well was edit the levels of the volume and I chose music which fitted the spoken audio. I also think what I done well was trim bits of the clip so it all flowed naturally :)

    ReplyDelete